In complex, hazardous environments, plant operators need assurance that all plant personnel are equipped to handle routine and emergency situations--no matter where they are. Wireless applications can provide the information and communication devices that workers need for safe and efficient plant operations.
The ION Workforce Mobility Application enables mobile workers with fast, easy, safe access to information and real-time communications. The ION Workforce Mobility Application includes various mobile device options such as Hands-free Voice over Wireless IP phones, hand-held computers, laptop computers, cameras, numerous sensors, and other wireless devices. These devices make sure that employees have instant access to the people and data they need, and can transmit real-time information back to central databases quickly and accurately. They are also specially made to withstand daily use in harsh, industrial environments.
With faster access to information and real-time communications, wireless can enhance productivity, regulatory compliance, safety, and security. The ION Workforce Mobility Application provides your workforce with:
- Plant Safety: Wireless devices make it easier to locate people in danger and communicate evacuation and safety instructions. Wireless monitors can also detect vapors, fire, activation of safety showers, and other events, allowing personnel to prevent and respond more rapidly to incidents.
- Plant Security: Wireless security devices can reduce the need for employing security guards in hazardous environments, and reduce the costs of trenching and wiring video surveillance, intrusion sensors, and access controls in dangerous or remote locations.
- Temporary Response Team Deployments: During major plant maintenance, upgrades, and emergencies, wireless networks can avoid the costly and time-consuming tasks of setting up hubs, routers, and cabling.
- Data Collection: Engineers are unlikely to carry even a lightweight laptop up a ladder. Hand-held computers are easier to carry than a clipboard, and more accurate, too. Faster readings and less paperwork mean fewer errors and higher worker productivity.
- Policy and Protocol Compliance: Engineers and technicians can review diagrams, policies, and protocols while on site.
- Expert Collaboration: With a hands-free Voice over wireless IP device, technicians and engineers can collaborate with remote team members in real-time, even while they are physically working on equipment.