Plant Closures. Cancelled Orders. Staff Downsizing. Contracting Markets.
The Cement Industry faces a mix of challenges that even the experts are hard-pressed to solve.
Every facility is driven to eliminate unnecessary costs and waste and the harsh environment requires
ruggedized equipment suitable for machine health/condition monitoring.
Wireless for the Cement Industry
Wireless is the answer for cement plants. It is proven that wireless provides essential functionality such
as remote access for maintenance operators, network connectivity between plant locations, and rotary
kiln monitoring at a fraction of the cost of wireless. In addition, wireless cost-efficiently addresses key
issues for plant operations: energy efficiency, safety, security, environmental concerns and regulatory mandates.
Your Wireless is Always On with Apprion
To meet the unique demands of the cement industry, Apprion developed an open, reliable and secure industrial
wireless application system, the ION System. Industrial wireless applications and
the ION System, enable plants to:
- Monitor vital process equipment automatically to extend useful life of asset and lower total cost of ownership
- Monitor status of all safety equipment and location of personnel for improved plant safety
- Remotely monitor and manage maintenance systems with robust hand-held devices and improved communications
- Cost-effectively comply with industry mandates: OSHA, DHS, EPA etc
- Monitor energy consumption in real-time for improved energy efficiency.