Plant and Personnel Safety. Facility Closures and Downsizing. The High Cost of Compliance.
Mills must keep costs down, meet industry mandates and adhere to environmental standards while facing the
pressures created by declining demand in this uncertain economy.
Wireless for the Pulp and Paper Industry
Operators must have access to the best available information. Wireless applications such as Workforce Mobility, Remote Data Acquisition, Asset Tracking and Video
Monitoring provide wireless data collection for accurate and timely information the key to make better decisions
which in turn frees personnel time to concentrate on other areas, such as safety,
security, regulations and environmental concerns, as the man-hours to collect data are
reduced. Wireless can provide better, more timely and reliable information – and better information means
better performance and lower operating costs.
Your Wireless Is Always On with Apprion
To meet the unique demands of the pulp and paper industry, Apprion developed an open, reliable and secure industrial
wireless application system, the ION System. It has been proven that when industrial wireless
applications are implemented by Apprion and managed through the ION System, mills can reduce
operating costs while cost-effectively complying with government regulations with:
- ION's Wireless Asset Tracking to monitor and track shipments
- Remote monitoring of vital process equipment to lower the total cost of ownership and extend the useful life of mill assets
- ION Video and Remote Data Acquisition applications to increase plant safety and safe operation procedures.
- ION's Workforce Mobility and Audio Communication Applications empower operators with mobile HMIs, video displays of process equipment or areas, and provide voice communications with all mill personnel
- ION's integrated design enables regulatory compliance to various directives using one system for Communications, Video, Access Control, Asset and Inventory Tracking, Monitoring Health of Security and Warning Systems, and many others